Wednesday, January 5, 2011

There Is A White Lump In My Mouth

Sempervivum

My Semps of January 2011: Oddity

Today I want to even imagine my lover Sempervivum Sempervivum. It started with a simple Sempervivum, which has actually been settled since grandfather's time, the dry wall in the garden, but by unsorgsames handling the rough calculation - not mine, but I live in a two-family house - seen over the years not able to survive added.

A few years ago had to be on the edge of my bed stone stairs somewhat protected from the leaching of the soil. Now, the question of what to take for it. Small Beetrandsteine? No, the retired, as it should look so natural. So I came up with the idea to try this with creepers. So first one pulled up a cushion phlox. With my father in the garden I spotted the familiar Sempervivum and I was allowed to just take a handful of roses. These covered with a few small stones to the edge of the bed center. Finally came one adds to a cascade thyme. So far so good, though I have to leave it for now.


I then Beplanzung for about 2 or 3 years lost sight of me and when she came back into view, I saw to my great surprise, that the explosion Sempervivum increased and the whole center had collected. So I started the Sempervivum spread a bit in the garden. At the monastery garden path, it was a very dry area, which I then interpreted with some old roof tiles, filled it with some garden soil and spread out a few of the Sempervivenrosetten. Within a short time, these were colonized with Sempervivum. Unfortunately, many roses bloomed in the last year and so there are a few bare spots, but the daughter rosettes they will have soon closed.


In a garden friend I have known the diversity of colors and forms of Sempervivum. I am so fascinated by these plants, that have moved in the last 3 years a lot of Sempervivum cultivars in the convent garden. But now and then I also always wanted a few nameless, which I liked well and which I also can not resist.


Since my garden more shade than sun-have some must see me, where I put the pots Semperviva a place for all, as the sunniest place is of course the turtles reserved. Unfortunately I can not plant Sempervivum in the enclosure, as indeed would be the best place, but unfortunately they have the turtles like to eat. And here you can find my Sempervivum-potty:

The Abtrennungsmäuerchen of each enclosure,


along the way to the actual monastery garden,


in the sunny corner of the monastery gardens,



also in high altitude Are they related to,


to border on Beetrand even on the smallest spot,


instead of the mini-beds in the convent garden with the book, I started in the summer of 2010, a border to lend a Sempervien pots



on the sunny side of the center in the convent garden


and even the balcony was not spared. As I come straight to mind: The balcony is so open and there could still collect some Sempervivum ...


Sempervivum are undemanding plants. You need drained soil and sun. The water demand is low. This can not go wrong, I thought. Unfortunately, it's not all that simple then. From too much rain and winter snow and ice has one or Sempervivum other just a little data, as I had last winter, bitterly experienced. Therefore, I have tried to cover this winter as many pots as possible Sempervivum. That may not necessarily very pretty, but the main thing Sempervivum are dry.


Several pots I have to put in the greenhouse. For the next winter I must work on that aspect a little winter protection and optimize something. Well, all I can protect Sempervivum ultimately not so I will have time and again suffered the loss of one or the other ... My

cultivar list can be found Here: Sempervivum list I .

to my nameless beauty of it is here: Sempervivum list II.

0 comments:

Post a Comment