Sunday, March 27, 2005

Doctor Checks Dick Vidd

's even good service? In New York less and less ...

My current beer search took me to some of the beer bars in Manhattan - and I noticed that the once highly praised service culture in the U.S. its reputation is worth more. Everyone knows that the waiters live here believe that they get at least 15 percent tip.
But that is for many now seems such a natural that they care even less about the guest than here in Europe of course is. Example West Side Brewing Company on Amsterdam Avenue - there I was on 24 March are a good beer and a very good recommendation Imperial Stout, but when it came to paying, I had full 14 minute wait before I could get rid of my money. On the same evening, I'm still gone to Typhoon on 54rd Street - similar poor result: Although I had assured the waiter that the hoppy Pale Ale was also his favorite, but when I was drunk, again no one there. Three people behind the bar, perhaps a dozen guests in front of them, and another eight in a rear club area - but service is zero, I was sitting at the bar in front of my empty glass, had been the cover upped the ante and get a ten dollar bill in his hand visible, but here it took almost 20 minutes for a waiter (who was run over repeatedly busy) recognized that my glass was empty and asked, "Want another one" He seemed pretty disappointed that I prefer after the check asked - after six dollars for a relatively small beer ...
My friend Bill Covaleski from Victory Brewing pointed out to me that service in the U.S. has become generally worse. And yet we give the poor Servierkräften in doubt, rather than less tip, because this is finally their content.
way, there are of course bars, which are highly recommended: In dba I was on Saturday evening, with the current edition of the New York Times under his arm. Kourtney Keller was standing behind the bar, a 29-year-old, incredibly friendly waitress. She spoke to me immediately on my reading, the weekend magazine opened up to me and showed me proudly the page on which she was portrayed: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/27/magazine/27FOOD.html ?
coincidence that I just came on that Saturday in the bar, where it has become a media star? Maybe (I had just bought the Sunday edition only). But Kourtney deserves every word of praise, the Matt and Ted Lee in the NYT wrote about her: "Keller had been a blur that night to keep pace with demand. . She moved with great efficiency but then a few mannered, swooping flourishes, like Isadora Duncan if she had tended bar "And there was not only great service but also great beer - I chose once again the Imperial Stout (in this case, the Avery Czar's Imperial Stout from Boulder, Colorado) and was impressed. So much so that I Kourtney also mentioned in the brand-I-Weblog .

0 comments:

Post a Comment